Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Power of Foliage


I created this garden for a friend of mine.
She had this one problem - could not get ground cover to
grow and frankly I felt that just adding gound cover to a back yard
was boring. "Let's grow color with texture" I said.
After installing the turtleback flagstone you can see the garden
pulls you right in. You want to go further to see more.
The variety of Hostas and Ferns gives a soft texture and there is
color without a lot of flowering here.
I love that about shaded pathways.
Some of the plants used:
Hostas:
Sum & Substance
Albo Marginata
August Moon
Frances Williams
Big Daddy
Hakone Grass
Autumn Fern
Ostrich Fern
Oakleaf Hydrangeas
Climbing Hydrangea


2 comments:

  1. Isn't a blank slate fun? You did an awesome job for your friend! I came to see if you have your Lenten Roses posted yet. I love the other blooms you've shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue! I finally posted the LR. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete