Sunday, June 7, 2009

Flower Puff Power!





I don't know about you but I absolutley love Peonies!!
Next to Roses they are one of my faves!
It is one plant that I know has to work very hard to produce
amazing gigantic blooms like this. If someone develops a repeat bloomer
I will be one of the first to grow it!
If you adore peonies like I do try this relaxing aromatherapy
game. I do this with my kids & it is such fun!!
Lay down on the soft green grass or a blanket.
Take one large open peony bloom and pull off the petals
lay with your eyes closed and then drop them on your face or kids face slowly.
they feel so soft and smooth and smell so nice!
This will most likely become a plant of nostalgia when they grow up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cate, your peony shots are gorgeous. I love peonies and have a pinkish/purple one, and a white one. I couldn't smell anything...for some reason, after I had radiation to my head and neck, my sense of smell has diminished--I can't even smell a skunk when everyone in the car does! My taste is affected as well...but I still taste sweets;-) (Unfortunately, actually, cause I always crave them too!!). Anyway Your description of a lovely day, lying down on the grass, and dropping peony petals on your faces sounds like the kind of summer day I'd love to have! Enjoy your summer;-) Jan

    ReplyDelete